It seemed like upgrading our closets and style aesthetics became of prime importance during self-isolation and with nothing else to do, we resorted to spending thousands of dollars on online retail stores. From clothing to beauty tools and everything in between, we were hooked onto our screens scrolling through the newly added items or the sale section; either way placing a tonne of orders.
While doing this, I discovered some clothing websites which turned out to be some of the hottest places for every kind of aesthetic for teens to shop at. It only makes sense that these stores have a wide range of options to choose from and cater to most, if not every type of style aesthetic. The Teen Edit created a short list of the most trending clothing stores for teens, fifteen to be exact.
1.Pretty Little Thing: Pretty Little Thing is fashion on a budget. If you want to keep up with the latest trends while also making sure you don’t break your bank, Pretty Little Thing is the perfect place for you to go. They offer a huge variety of styles in various categories at rock bottom prices. You’ll never want to buy anything from anywhere else after you’ve shopped here. Plus, they have some insane sales too.
2. Motel Rocks: Styled by the likes of Kendall Jenner, Lucy Hale and Vanessa Hudgens, Motel Rocks has some of the best vintage and printed fashion outfits for women. The next time you want to keep up with the ever-changing trends, you can turn to Motel Rocks and you will not be disappointed. From comfortable loungewear to satin bodycon dresses, up your outfit game with this brand.
3. iamkoko LA: It’s pretty simple, iamkoko LA’s products are unlike anything you’ve seen before. They have graphic tees, that are elevated with chains, vintage graphic corsets and oversized jackets, reworked jeans and loungewear with some cool prints on it. They’ve collabed with top influencers like Addison Rae, Lexi Jayde and Nessa Barrett and have been worn by the likes of Maddie Ziegler, so it’s no surprise that it has been widely worn by teens.
4. Princess Polly: Princess Polly has been widely worn and popularised through Instagram and if you’re active on the app, it’s most likely you’ve seen Instagram influencers and models being ambassadors for the brand. While a lot of their audience come from social media, their ability to keep producing clothes featuring the freshest styles makes Princess Polly so famous.
5. Urban Outfitters: This cult-favourite classic is one of the most popular stores among teens, mainly bought from for casual outerwear. They offer a wide range of brands, styles and products and so, it’s no surprise that it is one of the top selling brands among teens. From charging stations to graphic tees, you best believe this is going to become your next favourite go-to store once you’ve experienced what shopping at Urban is like.
6. Adika: For unique fashion, Adika is just the perfect place. They have some of the most iconic jeans designs which are hard to find anywhere else. Even their tops, dresses and shoes are so trendy and perfect for outerwear. High quality and attractive designs, Adika makes keeping up with trends easier than ever before. Their ever increasing teen audience is the cause of their rising popularity.
7. H&M: H&M remains to dominate in the list of brands that are most bought from by teens. Whether fashion online or in store, H&M continues to be one of the most sought-out brands to buy clothes and accessories from. The prime reason of this being their quality at a more affordable price.
8. Shadowhill USA: Shadowhill is the go-to website for hoodie and sweatpants/sweatshort lovers. It’s premium athleisure at it’s finest and has been seen on Gigi Hadid, Madison Beer and Kaia Gerber. The extreme fine quality coupled with comfort at it’s fashionable peak is what separates Shadowhill USA from the rest, making it a popular brand among young people.
9. Missguided: Missguided is a global fashion brand which has clothes inspired by the latest trends, street styles, celebrity culture and catwalks at affordable prices. The outfits at Missguided will keep you updated with the freshest styles all year long. Look no more for an affordable, trendy and ethically produced clothing store because Missguided is right in front of you.
10. Topshop: One of the most versatile brands for the ever-changing style aesthetic of teens, it’s no surprise that Topshop is one of the biggest clothing brands among teens. For every kind of occasion, it’s for sure that you’ll find something that fits your taste best.
11. ASOS: Clothing without barriers, that’s what ASOS is. And it’s a pretty proven fact by now that youth are all about inclusivity so it’s no surprise that a huge part of their audience is made up a diverse demographic of citizens. The best part; ASOS supports you! From body positivity to the unique features you have, ASOS is all about owning your outfits AND your identity because who ever wanted to change to fit in, right?
12. Boohoo: Boohoo is set to become your next go-to for all things trendy fashion. The ever-growing fashion brand drops a tonne of new products every week, making sure you’re at the top of your outfit game and wearing the freshest trends. Their prices make it accessible to everyone so that you can own all the clothes you’ve ever wanted to.
13. NastyGal: If you want to own your identity and confidence, NastyGal sells items that’ll make you feel like the baddie that you are. Their prices are what set them apart from other brands, making it accessible and affordable. From vintage clothing to killer boots, the aesthetic of this brand is so gorgeous!
14. Revice Denim: Revice Denim, the official home of the star jeans is the place to go if you’re looking for high-quality, ethically produced, stellar looking jeans. It’s been styled by some of Hollywood’s biggest names and continue to grow and become one of the most famous jean brands of all time.
15. Edikted: From basics to the fancy outerwear, the items on this popular-among-Gen Z brand are steals. Edikted sells possibly every trendy item of fashion you could possibly imagine and that too, their designs are original and unique. The next time you’re looking for a cute outerwear outfit or a sexy party dress, you can be sure to find it on Edikted.
As the youth around the world are becoming more compassionate of the world they live in, thrifting clothes, accessories and shoes is on the rise. Thrifting is a method of making fashion more sustainable by a selling-and-buying method of secondhand items. Depop can be used by anyone and everyone to buy and sell. If you do not want to support fast fashion, while also gaining access to unique pieces, from your favourite influencers too, Depop is the perfect place to go.